Flora Code and Tend have teamed up to nourish both your oral and gut health and to raise awareness of the various digestive diseases and conditions and the importance of caring for your digestive health every day. Digestion can be a complex and sensitive process; the foods we eat and our activities can affect the digestive system's functions. With routine care, you can ensure better digestive health and reduce digestive health diseases and conditions symptoms.
If you find yourself somewhat surprised at this unanticipated pairing (oral care and gut health), you’re not alone. However, the mouth and gut are actually home to the two largest microbial ecosystems in the human body. And, these systems are inextricably linked. Imbalances in bacteria throughout your digestive system may adversely affect your oral health and vice versa, with ripple effects across immunity, inflammation, nutrient absorption and more. For example, researchers have found that individuals with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) often have high levels of oral bacteria in their digestive tract.
We’re walking you through how these fascinating systems are interconnected, and why it’s of the utmost importance to tend to both mouth and gut health with a consistent daily routine. In addition to enjoying smooth digestion and fresh, sparkling breath, here are just a few ways an overabundance of bad bacteria in the mouth or the gut has the potential to exacerbate certain health problems ... or holds the power to enhance your overall well being.
- Nutrient absorption: The gut plays a key role in nutrient absorption, including those that are important for oral health such as calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin C. A lack of these nutrients can lead to oral health problems such as gum disease and slower healing from dental procedures.
- Immune system: The gut microbiome plays a critical role in regulating the immune system. An imbalanced gut microbiome can weaken the immune system, making it more difficult for the body to fight off infections and inflammation in the mouth.
- Inflammation: An imbalanced gut microbiome can lead to chronic inflammation throughout the body, including in the mouth, which can in turn contribute to oral health issues like periodontitis.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux can cause stomach acid to flow back up into the mouth, which can erode tooth enamel and lead to tooth decay. An imbalanced gut microbiome can contribute to acid reflux by disrupting the digestive process.
- Dry mouth: An imbalanced gut microbiome can also lead to dry mouth, which can contribute to tooth decay, bad breath, fungal infections and other oral health problems.
Thankfully, Flora Code and Tend are pioneering oral and gut health, made simple and ultra-innovative. As respective subject matter experts, consider us a dream team to optimize your wellness routine, inside and out.
- Flora Code is the first ever activated probiotic, specifically created to solve why traditional probiotics fall short and provide powerful, palpable benefits.
- The team is made up of a diverse group of microbiologists, nutritionists, biochemists, environmental scientists, and entrepreneurs, who recognized an opportunity to help people feel their best and reach their full potential.
- With Flora Code, it’s as easy as pour, stir, sip to experience less occasional gastrointestinal duress, and improved digestion overall. After use, 95% of the bacteria are proven to be active and flourishing in the gut…also known as 20x more than competitors.
- In all they do, the team is on a mission to deliver truly effective products – with a hyperfocus on credible, proven science – to finally promise the health benefits you deserve.
- Tend is the first dentist that people actually look forward to. Launched in October 2019, Tend was created to set a new standard for oral health by providing dentistry the way it should be—hassle-free, personalized, and straightforward, with a focus on patient happiness—all in a calm, inviting, and thoughtfully-designed space. In addition to its 20+ locations in New York City, Nashville, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta, and Connecticut, Tend also offers a suite of gentle, dentist-designed oral care products to extend its mission into the daily lives of members. Use code FC15 at their e-shop for 15% off your first order!